Explore – Discover – Uncover – Immerse Yourself
Whether it is relaxation or adventure you crave, you’ll find that East New Britain is the ultimate travel destination; a tropical paradise steeped in history and exotic Melanesian life. Discovering its mysteries is easier than ever before with Taklam Lodge and Tours: the perfect ‘home base’ from where you can experience and explore the exotic world of the South Pacific – or just recharge your batteries in lush splendour.
Taklam Lodge offers
- Comfortable air conditioned rooms
- Close to local markets and shops
- International and local cuisine
- Internet and international phone service
- The quality that comes from a family run business
Taklam Tours offers
- Game fishing
- Sea tours
- Village home stays on tropical islands
- Hire cars
- Scuba diving
- Cultural tours, including the annual mask festival.
Just explore the site to discover more about the paradise that awaits you. East New Britain is a matrilineal society where the land is passed through the generations via the female descendants.It is a Province where the shellmoney or 'tabu" is still highly regarded as a currency for traditional practices such as bride price, weddings and feasts.
Strong bonds and cultural practices are still preserved and we can arrange visits when real life events are taking place.See our "Mask Festival" section or email us for any events that may coincide with your visit